The primary difference between acne and pimple is that acne is a disease and pimples are one of its symptoms.
Acne is a condition that affects the skin’s hair follicles and oil glands. The pores that are present under your skin are connected to glands that generate an oily substance known as sebum. The glands and pores are connected to each other by a canal called the follicle which has thin hair that grows out to the skin’s surface.
So when the sebum and dead skin cells come together, they create a plug in the follicle. The bacteria present in the plug causes inflammation which leads to red pimples in acne.
Even though the exact cause of acne hasn’t been identified. Although, certain things are there that can trigger acne or make it worse, like:
1. Hormonal changes such as puberty, menstrual cycle, and pregnancy can trigger acne
2. When you squeeze or pick existing pimples
3. When you clean or scrub your skin too vigorously
4. High humidity weather
5. When you use too many cosmetics or experiment with them, harmful hair products and oil-based products like sunscreen.
6. Medications like corticosteroids and anabolic steroids
7. Dandruff in hair can cause acne on forehead.
Everybody is different and so are symptoms. Hence, different symptoms indicate different kinds of acne. Like:
1. If you have blackheads: they are open, plugged pores on the skin’s surface
2. If you have whiteheads: they are close plugged pores, under the skin’s surface
3. If you have papules: they are small, tender red/pink bumps
4. If you have pustules: they are papules that have pus on top
5. If you have nodules: they are large and painful lumps, deep under the skin’s surface
6. If you have cysts: they can be painful and pus-filled lumps, present under the skin’s surface
Acne is one of the most common skin conditions that affect people irrespective of how old they are. Without a doubt, it is a difficult condition to prevent and even more difficult to treat. There are certain natural remedies and anti-acne soaps or clear gel for pimples are said to provide relief.
In case the problem still persists, we recommend that you visit your dermatologist. They often prescribe a topical retinoid for your acne, like topical tretinoin or adapalene.
Disclaimer This blog solely intended for the educational/informational/awareness purposes and is not a substitute for any professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please consult your doctor/healthcare professional before acting on the information provided on the blog. Reliance on any or all information provided in the blog, is solely at your own risk and responsibility. Mankind Pharma Limited shall not be held liable, in any circumstance whatsoever.
Acne is a skin condition that occurs when your hair follicles become plugged with oil and dead skin cells.
it is absolutely imperative to know its type. Acne can be inflammatory or non-inflammatory which further has different lesions, as mentioned below.
Acne starts occurring in teenagers due to an increase in the level of Androgen production. Androgen is a hormone which signals the body to produce more sebum, the oil produced by the sebaceous glands.
Acne is a skin condition that occurs when your hair follicles become plugged with oil and dead skin cells. It often causes whiteheads, blackheads or pimples, and usually appears on the face, forehead, chest, upper back and shoulders. Acne is most common among teenagers, though it affects people of all ages.
Debunk acne myths by following a proper skincare regimen. Taking good care of your skin can help you achieve a glowing and acne-free skin.