Rose water is incredibly versatile as it comprises of the goodness of water as well as the sweetness of roses. It is a magical beauty elixir that offers multiple benefits, ranging from hydrating your skin and healing acne to maintaining your skin’s pH balance.
Rose water is widely celebrated for its antiseptic and antimicrobial properties that make it an effective anti-acne remedy. It can effectively reduce the symptoms of acne breakouts while providing you with a clear and glowing skin.
Here are a few reasons why rose water is considered to be one of the best remedies for pimples:
1. Maintains the skin’s pH balance
The excessive use of cosmetic products such as facial cleansers or soaps can disturb your skin’s pH balance. This condition can further contribute to the growth of bacteria which can result in acne breakouts. However, using rose water can balance out this disturbance by maintaining your skin’s pH levels.
2. Removes excess oil
Rose water is a natural toner that cleanses your pores, removes excess oil, and reduces the size of acne. It helps in killing off acne-causing bacteria while preventing future breakouts. Moreover, it is also effective in healing acne scars.
3. Soothes your skin
Rose water comprises of anti-inflammatory and cooling properties which can help soothe the irritation and aggravation caused by acne breakouts.
Let us now look at some of the best ways of using rose water to reduce the appearance of acne breakouts:
1. Applying rose water at night is one of the easiest ways to remove all the impurities or dirt your face has collected throughout the day.
2. Make a mixture of rose water and lemon juice and apply it over the affected areas of your face. Allow this mixture to stay for around 20-25 minutes and then wash it off. You can also wash your face with the best acne soap for better results.
3. Make a paste of glycerin and rose water. Apply it on your face. This is a magical combination which helps to unclog your pores while minimizing acne breakouts.
4. Use rose water to remove your make up as it not only cleanses your face but also keeps the acne-causing bacteria away.
5. Dip a cotton ball in rose water and dab it on your cleansed face. As rose water has astringent properties, it tightens your pores while preventing dirt from clogging them.
Whether your skin is oily, dry, or a combination of both, rose water can do wonders to your skin. However, if your acne still persists, you can always apply a top quality anti-acne gel to treat your condition effectively.
Disclaimer This blog solely intended for the educational/informational/awareness purposes and is not a substitute for any professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please consult your doctor/healthcare professional before acting on the information provided on the blog. Reliance on any or all information provided in the blog, is solely at your own risk and responsibility. Mankind Pharma Limited shall not be held liable, in any circumstance whatsoever.
Acne is a skin condition that occurs when your hair follicles become plugged with oil and dead skin cells.
it is absolutely imperative to know its type. Acne can be inflammatory or non-inflammatory which further has different lesions, as mentioned below.
Acne starts occurring in teenagers due to an increase in the level of Androgen production. Androgen is a hormone which signals the body to produce more sebum, the oil produced by the sebaceous glands.
Acne is a skin condition that occurs when your hair follicles become plugged with oil and dead skin cells. It often causes whiteheads, blackheads or pimples, and usually appears on the face, forehead, chest, upper back and shoulders. Acne is most common among teenagers, though it affects people of all ages.
Debunk acne myths by following a proper skincare regimen. Taking good care of your skin can help you achieve a glowing and acne-free skin.